Monday, October 24, 2011

Visiting the slump area & hospital




We were invited to Pastor Jonaver Luklukan's birthday party yesterday, an amazing pastor whose life has been radically transformed by God and his life is still a walking miracle!! He shared about his life story and how God's grace and favor are so evident in his life as he does God's work. Was super blessed and inspired by this pastor, evangelist, missionary & gospel singer (yup, all in one!) :)

Then he took us to visit the slump area where it was flooded, the area where we will join the pastor for a disaster relief medical mission this coming Wednesday (so pray for us!). I was speechless when I saw their living condition, and apparently this happens every year during the rainy season and the water could not really subside, it would normally takes months. So they would built small wooden bridge along the houses so they can walk around...I can say it's really not easy to walk on those.. :p thank God we didn't fall into the water!
The government doesn't seem to be doing anything about this..and I'm thinking to myself, then how can these people's lives change?If no one cares, then who should be doing somethings about this...and I realised that it is the church that needs to step in and make a difference...and I'm very blessed seeing ministers of God who are reaching out to them and bring the bible into their houses. This is love in action, not just words. And a small act of kindness do really mean a lot to some of the people here.


Today I visited the hospital as a part of the hospital ministry by AFJC. I wore my new volunteer shirt for the 1st time :) and join them as they go into the different patient rooms. We talked and prayed with them, and showing a practical way to bless them by giving them a pack of refreshments.

What I love is the people here have beautiful hearts and they are very accepting and helpful (well, majority that I've met anyway...) :p and they are very receptive of the gospel. So most of them know about the gospel, and churches are everywhere along the road. But also at the same time, there were also so many cults and other strange beliefs...deception runs pretty strong in this nation. But nevertheless, I believe in the power of the true one God! and Truth always prevails! We need a revival in this nation!

No comments:

Post a Comment